GENERAL TRAINING INFORMATION
We are currently operating out of the Eden, North Carolina/Virginia area on various plantation thinnings, hardwood/pine clearcuts and hardwood select cut tracts.
Current Site as of 10/10/17- Walnut Cove, NC
- Students receive a small stipend while training. There is no tuition nor any other fees.
- Training is typically held Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm daily
- All personal protective equipment such as a hard hat, safety vest, eye protection and hearing protection is provided by FOROP. Students are responsible for providing their own 6" steel toed work boots
- Drug testing will be done at the beginning of training and randomly otherwise
- Students are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.
- Students will need to provide your own lunch, snacks and beverages each day.
- Class length is individualized will depend on a number of factors such as your experience and skills, your progress, regular class attendance, weather, etc. Students are assessed on a regular basis and failure to progress may result in termination.
- FOROP is an equal opportunity training program.
- Priority is given to applicants with logging equipment experience, heavy equipment experience and skills that will transfer to forest equipment operation. Coursework can be customized to meet the needs of the student
- ALL students must be at least 18 years old
- ALL students must be drug free